Improve your vehicle’s handling, increase tire life and drive with safety by checking your tires every month to ensure that they are inflated with the right amount of air pressure. We offer a wide range of tires for your vehicle. Let our professionals help you find, balance and mount the right tires for your car.
Call or email us and let us help you with your tire services.
Below are some of the tire services that we offer:
- Wheel Alignment
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Inspection
We also carry various tire brands. Here are some of the tire brands that we carry:
Tire Guide and Tips: Understanding your Tires
For example, the number may read P225/70-R15, 89H:
- P = Passenger Tire (LT = Light Truck)
- 225 = Overall width of the tire in millimeters
- 70 = Sidewall height (distance from rim to tread) as a percentage of the tread width (known as aspect ratio)
- R = Tire construction, this one is Radial (also, B = Belted Bias, D = Diagonal Bias
- 15 = Represents the size of the wheel in inches
- In this example, the tire has the number 89H. This is the weight capacity of the tire. However, in most cases, you will not see this heading on the sidewall.
- A speed rating is sometimes put in front of the R (or B or D). A straight R rating means that it is rated for speeds of up to 100mph. The manufacturer does not recommended this tire for speeds greater than 100 mph. Other speed ratings are: S=112mph, T=118mph, U=124mph, H=130mph, V=149mph, & a Z rated tire is for speeds in excess of 149mph.
- The V and Z rated tires have excellent dry pavement grip/traction but due to their soft rubber compounds, do not have a long life.
- A tread rating indicates how long a tire should last. This figure is written in small letters on the sidewall of your tire. The higher the number, the longer the tire should last. 100 is the basic tread wear rating.
- The traction rating works just like grading – ‘A’ being the best, ‘B’ is good, and ‘C’ is acceptable. This number is also found on the sidewall.
- Temperature ratings work the same – ‘A’ best, ‘B’ good, ‘C’ acceptable. If you drive your car very hard, you want a temperature rating of ‘A’ because a ‘C’ would fail faster under these conditions. Again, look for this number on the sidewall.
Flat Tires can induce the rim of the tire to rest on the tire tread or on the ground possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile or irrecoverable damage to the tire. One of the most usual cause for a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, allowing air escape. Depending on the dimension of the slit, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. Which may result in the following problems:
- Failing of or damages to the valve stem;
- Permitting air to escape from the valve or creating damage by means of deliberate puncturing
- Rubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear through it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Gloucester County Tire Repair
Here are some simple methods to catch tire issues before they become costly or unsafe. Take a good examination of each tire in a well lit atmosphere. Examine for unequal tire wear, which may be induced by:
- Excessive or too little air pressure
- Problems with wheel alignment or tire balancing
- Problems with the suspension
- Unequal tire wear might be an indicator that you could have to have your tires rotated
These might imply you require new tires– quickly. Driving with a flat tire, especially at high speeds, may result in a fatal collision. These problems have the possibility to create a blowout, inducing a loss of control that can easily be incredibly unsafe.
- Splitting or protruding treads or sidewalls that might imply there is wear or weak point
- Foreign objects that penetrate in to the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Tread tearing away from the body of the tire
Mike’s Tire and Automotive does fast quality Tire Repair Gloucester County
If you locate any of these issues, come see us for a thorough and speedy tire repair. We’ll inspect and adjust your air pressure and do an aesthetic tire check, and obtain you on the road quickly. Call Mike’s Tire and Automotive now to book your next flat tire repair Gloucester County auto repair service. Mike’s Tire and Automotive is thrilled to be your number one Gloucester County auto repair shop and provider of tires.